Artisan Application for Deco Raleigh
All artist applications for 2019 must be submitted before October 31. Our artist applications will be closed from October 31 - January 31 to prepare for and recover from the holiday season.
DECO Raleigh is home to eclectic, unique goods. We are honored to sell more than 75 local brands and are always welcoming new artisans to the DECO Family. Here are some things to know before you submit the application below. Please allow up to eight weeks for review. We will let you know either way.
1. We typically offer a consignment relationship. Our rate is 50/50, reflecting the industry standard nationally, and is non-negotiable. Artisans are paid monthly.
2. Once we receive the form below, it can take up to eight weeks for us to get you a response. Why? Aside from being busy, we are always shuffling around our merchandise and want to consider how your goods might fit into our selection. We also get a LOT of artist applications, so it takes us a while to sift through them all.
3. Considerations include these questions: Is your work a good fit for DECO? Is it unique, well-made and appropriately priced?
4. We also love to be unique and we do not like to poach artists from other great stores in Raleigh. If your work is derivative of another Raleigh artist's work, we'll probably decline. And if you are in other Raleigh stores, make sure the owners are OK with you applying to DECO. We have a two-block exclusivity radius for items we accept (including boundary streets Wilmington, Davie, Dawson and Morgan).
5. There are some things that don't sell well at DECO--not sure why, but it's a fact! You are welcome to submit an application, but the answer is likely to be no if your work is photography or original paintings. We also prefer items that retail under $100.
OK, enough rules! We are honored that you want to be at DECO and thank you for submitting an application.